Faith Montessori follows guidelines to protect children and others during COVID -19. We are now open for all families and continue to implement all safety procedures in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all children and teachers. Parent of all new admissions and returning children must complete the Admission Form 2020-2021 and the Parent Agreement 2020-2021 and email to email@example.com before the first day of school.
Our Plan during COVID –19
These are the guidelines that we follow during COVID -19.
Please read everything carefully
- Operation hours 7:30 am – 5:00 pm until further notice.
- Limit class size to10 children in one classroom (3 years and older) and 18 months to 3 years in toddler classrooms with low ratio for now.
- Parents are not allowed in the building.
- Drop off and pickup will be operated from back of the school. Front parking will be closed. Please call or text 512-909-0090 before arriving to pickup your child. We will bring the child to the back entrance.
- Please check your child’s temperature at home in the morning before you bring the child to school. Encourage parents to be on alert for signs of illness and to keep them home when they are sick.
- Screen staff and children before entering the building. Check for signs of infection, which could include flushed cheeks, fatigue and extreme fussiness.
- Send home any staff member or child who has any of the following signs or symptoms.
- Temperature greater than or equal to100.0F
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell or diarrhea.
- In the last 14 days has had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID -19, under investigation for COVID -19 or ill with a respiratory illness.
- If a staff member or a parent believes that they or the child has had close contact to someone with COVID -19 but are not currently sick, they should monitor their health for the above symptoms during the 14 days after the last day they were in close contact with the person with COVID -19.
- Maintain social distancing. Have staff maintain at least 6 feet of separation from other individual. If such distance is not feasible other measures such as face covering, hand washing, cough etiquette, cleanliness and sanitation will be vigorously practiced.
- Please wear face covering when dropping and picking up your child.
- Arrange a table by the back entrance with disposable gloves, face masks, touch less thermometer, alcohol swabs, plastic bags for trash, hand sanitizer, Lysol disinfecting wipes.
- We will wash our hands as soon as entering the building and before leave the school, including children.
- If possible 65yrs and older should not drop off or pick up children.
- If possible the same parent should drop off and pick up children.
- We are going to use touch less hand sanitizer dispenser, touch less soap dispensers, teacher’s will wear shoe coverings in the classrooms, toddler teacher’s will wear body covering (rain coat) and goggles for changing diapers, teacher’s will keep in the classroom 2 sets of change of clothes.
- Planning to keep the same children in the same classroom. (Same group together all day) and also same teachers remain with the same group each day.
- Teacher’s have completed all required health and safety training related to COVID-19 through Texas A&M.
- We are not going to provide any snacks. Please make sure to pack snacks, lunch, spoon or fork and a water bottle in a clean lunch box with an ice pack.
Please clean and disinfect containers, re usable water bottles and lunch box every day before sent back to the school.
- Please label your child’s lunch box and water bottle with your child’s name.
- Please provide us 2 sets of change of clothes to keep in the school. We cannot use any school clothes or other children’s clothing and also Diapers, wipes for toddlers.
- Full time children –No big zip lock bags for nap mats until further notice. Please use a trash bag for nap mat and label with your child’s name. Wash sleeping bag over the weekend and bring it back on Monday in a clean new trash bag. Use bedding (sleeping bags, sheets, pillows) that can be washed.
- We will plan activities that do not require close contact. Limit practical life activities. Avoid water activities.
- No place mats for lunch we use paper towels.
- We are going to use materials and toys that can be cleaned and sanitized after every use. And also we will clean daily such as door handles, light switches, classroom sinks and bathroom sinks, hand towel dispenses, toilet paper dispenses, bathroom bars, bathroom doors, phones that we use, combination locks, gate lock and soap and sanitizer dispenses.
- We will also clean and disinfect frequently touch surfaces including tables, chairs and shelves.
- Clean and disinfect stuff that we use for activities such as scissors, pens, pencils, glue bottles, markers, crayons and any other art accessories.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day, at least 3 times.
- Playground area generally requires normal routine cleaning. We clean the gate daily.
- Please do not send items (toys) from home including show and tell.
- We use small plastic bags for trash.
- We have cancelled special events such as 2020 graduation ceremony, picture day, soccer, dance and gymnastic and also pizza parties, birthday parties until further notice.
- Washing Hands
All staff and children should wash hands at the following times.
- Arrival at the school and after breaks.
- Before and after handling food or medication, eating, feeding a child.
- Before and after changing a diaper.
- After personal toileting or helping a child use the bathroom.
- After wiping nose, mouth.
- After cleaning.
- After out door activities
- Before and after caring someone who is sick.
- After coming in contact with bodily fluid.
- After assisting a child with hand washing.
- After handling garbage.
Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. We have placed posters describing hand-washing steps near classroom sinks and bathrooms.
With the ongoing COVID -19 outbreak, the state of Texas encourages everyone to heed the advice of the CDC and State and local travel restrictions and warnings for travelers. The mandated 14 days self quarantine for travelers from these states.
Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah.
The list of states will be updated every Tuesday and the order will be in effect until further notice.
Instructions for self-quarantine for travelers can be found on the CDC COVID -19 travelers information.
According to public health COVID-19 testing is now available in commercial, private and academic labs. Please inform us immediately if any one in your family is sick and planning to get the Covid-19 test done, in order for us to take necessary precautions.
When a child or employee tests positive for COVID – 19 we must report to local health department, Licensing inspector and all parents in writing (email) within 48 hours of becoming aware that a child or employee has contacted with COVID-19.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated on this matter.